Anyone else trying to quit smoking?? - Page 2 Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Anyone else trying to quit smoking??

I'd just like to chime in here and wish harleygirl the best of luck quitting. Keep on keeping on, girl Click here to enlarge

Would also like to thank everyone for keeping the religious discussion civil, and respecting everyone's right to believe what they will.

Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bryan Click here to enlarge
    ... respecting everyone's right to believe what they will.

Thank you, Bryan.

I will be what I will to be.

My best ideal. Shared with you and everyone here because I regard the internet as a world wide egalitarian community where people can share their ideals, experiences and opinions, hopefully in positive and constructive ways, and this forum you have provided embodies this experience for me.

Thanks again! To everyone.
    Last edited by braverdave; 02-24-2009 at 01:14 AM.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ccaleb Click here to enlarge
    I was not placing condemnation on you, harleygirl. I don't expect people of other churches to follow the same doctrine as mine. I was putting that out there to help you understand why I had been part in so many people quitting smoking.

The whole purpose of my post is that most, if not all churches, have some form of "quit smoking" program. I don't know of many that don't... even if not smoking or drinking is not a central tenant of the church doctrine. That, in addition, to I stating the power of prayer, which you have obviously tapped into.

I was not saying that people who smoke or drink go to Hell. As a matter of fact, I never mentioned or implied Hell anywhere in my post. I apologize for the miscommunication if you took offense to my post, but I can not apologize for the words I used.

Caleb
    Ok, you didn't say anything about me going to hell, so I do appologize!1 But you did say this

"was 68 of them had to overcome either addictions to alcohol or smoking to be baptized (it is a core belief in my church not to smoke or drink alcohol)."

So I took it to mean that if you do these things you can not be baptized or enter the kindom of Heaven.

All I entitled to their opinion!!

We are still friends!!
    Last edited by HARLEYGIRL1; 02-24-2009 at 07:27 AM.

Click here to enlarge

4. Remove Advertisements
    BostonTerrierForums.com
    Advertisements

Thumbs up

Thanks Bryan, for your support!!

Thanks Braverdave It's not anything we do or don't do that saves us ... it is by God's grace alone.

I fully and completely agree!!

Day 5 still doing good!! Love the patch! !Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Hi everyone. We are new on here having just puirchased our first Boston Terrier.

Harleygirl - I need to quit smoking. I was just told that I have 40% blockage from peripheral artery disease and I was told I will die if I don't quit. I have been smoking for 42 years. I have always said I will quit when my life gets "smoother." Well, I'm unemployed now and stressing over that but I don't want to die. I have purchased the patches and am saving pennies for Chantax and I pray alot. Just reading your post and all the other wonderful people on here supporting you gives me such incentive and support. I will pray for you and I am proud of you! Hang in there.

Wish I had a pic of our puppy. We will have to do that - Herbie is adorable and I enjoy watching he and our German Shepherd, Jag, playing together.

I look forward to getting to know all of you on here. Click here to enlarge

Debbie

sue

Harleygirl - You know I support you because my daughter is trying, too. NOW>>>>>can anyone invent a "fat" patch????? I really need to stop eating, but geeze, I love food!! It is as hard to stop as I imagine stopping smoking is....
    Click here to enlarge

Big Grin

Debbie,
    thanks for your support, yeah, you deff. need to quit!! I'll pray for you too, Some tips for you put the patch on as soon as you wake up, not 30 min after, right away!! I learned that mistake, I went out on sat. morning to let Jada out, and I started Jonsen, for a smoke, So I had one!! Then I went straight in for the patch!! Well I learned my lesson, Also be sure to take the patch off when sleeping, or you'll have strange dreams, and then you might wake up wanting to puke, eww!! Also wait at least one hour before you shower, or the patch will come off in the shower, then you've waisted them. I learned that also, they need to have time to adhere to your skin!! Also I am here to be your quit smokin buddy!! So lean on me all you want with questions and suggestions for each other, and do checkins with me, and we can keep each other accountable!!

Sue,
    I know you support me, THANKS A BUNCH!! Also that is great that your girl is also trying!! Tell her I wish her all the best!! Also what method is she trying?? What made her decide to quit??
    About the weightloss patch, I've heard there is one, but it probably does nothing more, then to suppress your appetite. I am also still struggling with that!! I Started excersizing over the summer I lost 20 of my 60 lbs. that I need to lose to get back to normal. I'm still a work in progress, I'll support you on that!! I watch biggest loser, on NBC, those peeps are awesome!! I also came up with my own tone up program it is easy, and works great!! I also went on amazon, and bought the biggest loser, cookbook,the green one, and the new 30 day jump start book, great tips, and reciepes in both, but 30 day jump start is a plan to get started on getting fit, and eating healthy, it tells you exactly what to do everyday!! A soon as I finish reading, I'm doin it full force!! Ps, you do not have to join a gym to do the excersizes!! It is the book, that the contestants go home with to keep going, and be the biggest loser at home challange. Let me know what you think!!

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sue Click here to enlarge
    Harleygirl - You know I support you because my daughter is trying, too. NOW>>>>>can anyone invent a "fat" patch????? I really need to stop eating, but geeze, I love food!! It is as hard to stop as I imagine stopping smoking is....
    Truefully, it is almost as hard, cause over eatting is also an addiction!!Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by HARLEYGIRL1; 02-26-2009 at 06:36 AM.

Click here to enlarge

sue

As I just pulled out a tray of fresh chocolate chip cookies for our dessert.....warm.....melty......FATTENING!!!
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sue Click here to enlarge
    As I just pulled out a tray of fresh chocolate chip cookies for our dessert.....warm.....melty......FATTENING!!!
    Yummy....(drooling)!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast