Anyone else trying to quit smoking?? - Page 3 Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Anyone else trying to quit smoking??

YUMMMM, maybe you can mail me just one!!

Click here to enlarge

Harleygirl , I have been tobacco free for a month now . I have smoke for over thirty years . What help me was the new electric cigarette . I couldn't have done with out it .

Harleygirl, keep up the good work!! I quit smoking 12 yrs ago using the patch. I smoked for 7 yrs and smoked over 2 packs a day. It was the hardest thing I've ever done. It took me a year to get over the cravings. I had to change my whole routine. Like sit in a different chair when I got up in the morning etc..
    It was well worth it. My partner quit 2 years ago cold turkey. She's still going strong.
    If you relapse keep quitting. I read somewhere that the average person quits at least 10 times before they succeed.
    Good luck!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    BostonTerrierForums.com
    Advertisements

After all that I did relapse, but I'm quiting again, and I've heard that too about quiting ten times, i believe it. Click here to enlarge But it is my hearts desire, so I'm gonna keep on quitting, eventually it's gotta stick!! Good luck to all of you as well!!

Click here to enlarge

Stay strong and keep up the good work....

Click here to enlarge
    Sally is Septembers Cutest Dog!

All-American Dog

Harleygirl, it took me many attempts to finally get off the "evil weed" . . . . Click here to enlarge

What worked for me was the "Nicorette" gum . . . 4mg original flavor.

I tried and tried so many times to quit . . . but I kept sliding back, so I know how you feel. I had a pulmonary embolysm and was hospitalized for a week in 2000. (You would think that an episode like that would make someone quit, right? Well, I didn't.) I tried the "patch" but it gave me nightmares. I tried "cold turkey" but I was miserable Click here to enlarge

I tried the "gum" a couple times, but I kept backsliding.

Finally, out of desperation, I bought about three times the amount of Nicorette gum that they recommend and, ignoring their instructions, I chewed a piece of gum EVERY single time I had the urge to smoke! As you can imagine, this got to be quite expen$ive. Then I had to slowly wean myself off the gum. It took several months, but I finally did it. It took three times as long as Nicorette said it should, but I DID it!

You can, too! . . . . . I have been nicotine free since 2002 . . . and do not miss smoking at all now! Click here to enlarge

It is extremely important that you do NOT smoke any cigarettes AT ALL . . . not even ONE . . . if you follow the path that I took (using too much of the gum). Otherwise you could overdose on nicotine, which would be fatal. Click here to enlarge

C'mon Harleygirl . . . . if I can do something . . . ANYONE can!

Good luck and all best,
    Joe
    "I've got my facts pretty clear . . . all I want now is to know what they all mean".

Harleygirl,

How's the no-smoking going? I hope you're doing good, even if you do relapse from time to time. I officially quit smoking one year ago in April, decided to go cold turkey. I had tried many times before to quit, but it just didn't seem like something I really wanted. I have a major heart problem (open heart surgery when I was 9 months old) and yes it was EXTREMELY stupid of me to start smoking bit i was 16, young, and wanted to be "cool". I think the kicker for me was when I went to get an echocardiogram done ( basically an ultrasound but looking at the heart) and they couldn't see what they needed to because my lungs were so full of tar they blocked everything. TRUST me nothing is worse then actually seeing the damage I was doing. I tried to quit several times, actually did for 6 months once then relapsed when I started working at BMW. I know you can do it Harleygirl, you have the drive to quit and that's half the battle!

ok so getting back to the smoking issue.............have you tried champix tablets. They worked for me. I gave up 15 months ago and havent touched a ciggie since. I smoked 20+ a day, now i cant even stand near someone whos just had one !! Nothing worse than a reformed smoker as they say lol.

Take care x

I have smoked for the most part of 25 plus years, the only times that I had stopped was when I was pregnant with my son, smokes off and on I was pregnant with my daughter or if I was sick with Bronchitis or something. I decided to just stop one day. It was on a Monday of last month, I got up, made a cup of coffee had a smoke, put a patch on (I only used 2 patches) and that was it. it is getting easier for the most part. I think the hardest time for me is when I finish eating, coming out from shopping and stuff like that. I have been around smokes and it just doesn't bother me which is pretty off for me. Stress is my biggest crutch. I have always heard that when you are really ready to stop it will happen and I guess that is what happened with me.

But, also, I have just in the past month reconnected with an old friend on FB ,she is my ex's cousin but a friend truly worth having, anyway, We had been messaging all most everyday. i just found out about a week ago that she was on oxygen- well long story short-- Kimi passed away just the other night in her sleep.. Kimi was such a wonderful supporter of mine.. I will NOT LET KIMI DOWN!! she is still watching over me that I am sure..Kimi was 52 years old.
    Harleygirl1, put your mind to it and you can do this. You will have plenty of support here I am sure.

I have tried several times to quit without success. I was ok for the most part but at work I started having really bad anxiety. I told my doctor about it and he put me on anti-depressants/anti-anxiety medication and as of January I haven't had a smoke. I still get cravings every now and then but no big deal.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast