Anyone else trying to quit smoking?? - Page 4 Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Anyone else trying to quit smoking??

Big Grin I'm smoke free, 4 weeks, and counting!!!

So I DID QUIT FOR GOOD!!!!!!!! YAY ME!!!!!!!!!
    I wanted to wait to spread the good news, I wanted to be sure I really did do it this time!! It's been 4 weeks, as of yesterday! I feel like a total new person! I'm Lovin it!!
    So how did I do it??
    I found this thing called an E-CIG, electronic cigarette. It looks and feels like a real cig. Just has no smoke, just a water vapor. So you inhale a water vapor, and a vapor that looks like smoke comes out. No tar, smoke, tobacco, yellow teeth, lung dammage! Nothing but nicotene. check it out at
    www.blucig.com, or free trial at www.smokingeverywhere.com. Both are great, you can even step down with nicotene dosages if you want.

But YAY, Me!!!!Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Congratulations! Never heard of the e-cig but sounds like it helped. I am almost a year now without smoking. Sure is nice not to cough for a hour every morning isn't it? My nose still runs like a fountain and cravings will never completely go away but ill take that over smoking!

Congrats! I have been smoke free for 5 years and 5 months - Best thing I ever did for myself and you will see it will be the best thing too Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    My Riley Ranger

**Lynn**

4. Remove Advertisements
    BostonTerrierForums.com
    Advertisements

Congrats!!!! That's awesome!

Click here to enlarge

Yahoooo...Great job! Click here to enlarge

Jams

Congradulations!

Thanks guys, I am Sooooo happyyyy that I am a non smoker!! I am so glad I can finally breathe, and yes no coughing first thing in the morning!!!Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

[quote=HARLEYGIRL1;7118

I am already saved by accepting Jesus as my savior! I do not believe any one is going to hell over smoking and an occasional drink, tattoos, or anything like that. But if that is the religion your church practices, that is fine, I go by the new testament, where Jesus says obey no other commandment, other than love thy neighbor, and Love thy God!! All else follows with that one simple rule!!
    quote]

Amen! God has given you the power to overcome anything. . .

I too am a smoke of 15 years. . . I'm considering quiting, so I feel your pain. Hang in there, you can do it!

WIshing you all the best.

The last time I "gave up" it lasted 9 months - I had Hypnotherapy - I thought I had kicked it. Was riding to work on my bike (13 mile roundtrip) and feeling great.

The trouble is I thought I had conquered it. And it didn't matter if I had the odd one or two when out with friends etc.

One or two turned to five or six.

In a short time I was not just having one or two when out drinking/socialsing - it went right back up pretty soon.

Remember theres a difference between mental and physical addiction.

Best of luck. It's a horrible addiction.

___Charlie, Mike and Laurel - Anyone else from the UK??

__Click here to enlarge

Smile

Yep I agree, I also did the quit for 6 months thing and went back with having one or two turned into a pack! But not this time, I really needed and wanted to quit, so I know I am really done this time. That was 2 years ago. But since I have my e-cig, to fall back on when I'm out with smokers, and most of my friends and family that smoke, are switching to e-cigs, I think it will be ok this time! I am stronger, and really truely want it this time, last time I did it kinda as a well I'll try it, and nothing to fall back on. Plus most of the cravings are gone!! But if you still want to quit, try the e-cig, it really feels like smoking. And it gives you the feeling of smoking, for those of us who have the enjoyment and have to do something with our hands, and a little burn like feeling at the back o your throat!!

Click here to enlarge

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast