toys for a rottie mix Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: toys for a rottie mix

Default toys for a rottie mix

So my dad bought a big Kong that kind of looks like a star thing that you can fill with the kong paste stuff, and his dog already started tearing it apart! The thing says its for big dogs, has a rottie on the front, but he's a crazy chewer. I guess Joe (the rottie mix) got all the paste but there was some left in the very back, so he chewed until he started ripping the arms. So does anyone have any suggestions? We have a Mega tuffy for him thats supposed to have been tested on tigers, and the only thing that lasts a few weeks before he guts it. He loves that thing, but I thought it might be fun for him to have more than the one toy, he kind of fixates right now. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know!
    [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Alyssa/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]

Have they tried the black regular Kong? Their the toughest, and the things are huge. The puppy I dog-sat for had one, and her puppy teeth couldnt get through it. She was a bull/english Mastiff cross.
    Some 70,000 puppies and kittens are born daily in the US.
    4,000,000 to 6,000,000 pets are euthanized every year because they are homeless,
    11,000 to 16,000 pets are euthanized every day because they are homeless.
    An animal in a shelter is killed every 1.5 seconds.
    Only 1 animal in 10 born in the U.S. gets a good home that lasts a lifetime.

sue

I had a rottweiler and the two kongs outlived her!! She died at 11 1/2 and now I have a Boston and two humungus Kongs!!! (and a little kong for Emma)
    Click here to enlarge

4. Remove Advertisements
    BostonTerrierForums.com
    Advertisements

Yeah Kongs vary in density from puppy to the hard bitters. Yes i think the regular black or red ones should be the toughest, it should say on the packaging!

Click here to enlarge
    Sally is Septembers Cutest Dog!

Its the black ones that are the toughest.
    You might want to try emailing about the Kong tearing up so easily. They might send your dad a replacement or something, you never know. The link is to the comment page.
    http://www.kongcompany.com/worlds_best.html
    4,000,000 to 6,000,000 pets are euthanized every year because they are homeless,

LOL I guess I could try emailing Kong, but it was years ago so I doubt they'll replace it. I actually found a few toys that were "guaranteed indestructible" that I might try. The website says they will replace the toy if the dog manages to chew it up. I think Joe (my dad's dog) could be a test dog for new "indestructible" products!

So how long did Joe have the Kong? It sounded recent to me so thats why I posted the link.

Big Grin

LOL sorry ginnafer, you're so right the Kong I had originally asked about was bought for him 2 days ago. I don't know why I was thinking about the black Kong he had a few years back, sorry it's been a crazy hectic day at work, so I wasn't all there when I posted that last one. You're so right though, I'm going to email Kong right now, Thank You for the site!!!!! Sorry if I was confusing, sometimes I confuse myself Click here to enlarge

+ Reply to Thread