Questions about vets? Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Questions about vets?

Default Questions about vets?

So I’ve been taking my baby to the same vet for all of his puppy wellness appointments. He was finally on his last appointment and ready for his last round of shots. The vet decided his ears looked a bit off and decided to run a test. Apparently he had a yeast infection in his ears. She left the rooms and 2 vet techs came in and started putting some medicine in his ears and then gave the 2 bottles to me and said I need to give it him once a day for a week. I was relieved they caught it and my pup would be feeling good but then the bill came. It was 300 dollars for the ear test and his medicine. Is this normal for vets to do? Do they not normally talk to you about how much treatments will cost? Of course I want the best for my baby but a little heads up would be nice. Trying to figure out if this happens at every vet or if I need to think about switching to another one.

In my experience, a good, reputable vet, as well as their techs should always educate you and get permission first before ever doing anything on your baby. That is a heck of a bill!

Young Pup

Don't pay that whopping bill. I'd call or call-in & challenge that vet practice's billing person/office. They're rorting you.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BostonTerrierForums.com
    Advertisements

Young Pup

vets are a bit subjective, so are groomers. heard horror stories of how such people abuse the pets while we leave our precious to them. theres this case recently where the groomer or vet, cant remember, killing a customers dog just because she didnt like the customer. like what the hell is that even....

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pwrlara1990 Click here to enlarge
    vets are a bit subjective, so are groomers. heard horror stories of how such people abuse the pets while we leave our precious to them. theres this case recently where the groomer or vet, cant remember, killing a customers dog just because she didnt like the customer. like what the hell is that even....
    That's why I prefer to groom my cats and dogs myself. I think every pet owner should know how to do this as well as give them medications if needed. That's why I always have pill shooters like this, flea prevention means as well as brushes and grooming kits.

+ Reply to Thread