Found Dog, Help name the breed or mix! Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Found Dog, Help name the breed or mix!

Default Found Dog, Help name the breed or mix!

So my gf came home with this dog at 3am last night that was scared in the middle of the road. We went to the local vet and found that she has no microchip. We walked the neighborhood, posted on a few websites and will be making posters next. We were wondering if anyone knows what kind of dog this is?
    I was going to take her to the shelter but the girls at the vet said the shelters are so packed right now that they will only wait 2 days before they euthanize. If I can't find her owner or a friend to take her, I may have to find a no kill shelter. We also don't know how old she is. Any thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Click here to enlarge

What an unusual looking dog! Kudos to your gf for bringing her in. Her brindle color is identical to my boxer but she certainly doesn't look like one otherwise. I hope you're able to find her owners! Or at least a good place that will find her a forever home.
    Sarah - Proud mommy to Bentley & Penelope <3

Very unique looking dog! Looks to be possibly a brindle greyhound and collie mix if I were to guess...
    Click here to enlarge

4. Remove Advertisements
    BostonTerrierForums.com
    Advertisements

Wow poor thing, it breaks my heart to see animals running in the street, or when I see lost dog signs Click here to enlarge I hope your able to find her a home. I agree with Peteys mom she looks like theres some collie or grey hound in there. An unusual mix for sure, I had a friend whos mother had a catahula leopardhound (not sure on the spelling) The face and brindle pattern looked like similiar to that but she was longer and leaner looking. Good luck.
    -Sonja (Bella's mom)

Click here to enlarge

A vet told me she's a Pit Bull Mix about 2 years old!
    She looks about 1 year to me, and not at all like a Pit. I guess he knows more than I do. No luck on finding the owner.
    Click here to enlarge

Hmm.. I guess the vet would know, doesn't look like a pit mix to me though. I hope you can find her a home, if not are you planning on keeping her? I wish you luck
    -Sonja (Bella's mom)

Click here to enlarge

It looks like a mix of a staffshire (the old budweiser mascot) and possibly a boston check out my album and look at "snoopy" he is half boston and looks alot like this one.

After 2 weeks, we took her to the local shelter where hopefully her owner will come claim her or she will be adopted. We just can't keep her right now. I'm so sad. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

+ Reply to Thread