Angry Rant. Special for Boston Terrier visitors: FREE Shipping on Dog Food (USA Only)! at Petflow.com. Orders $49+
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By forg3tr3gr3t

Thread: Angry Rant.

Default Angry Rant.

It's one thing to have your dog off the leash if she/he is friendly. But when they are unfriendly it is a whole other story! There has been multiple times that owners have had their dogs off their leash and they have came over and attacked Bruiser. This one time I was in the entrance of my building and this girl was just on her cell phone looking right at me while her stupid dog came charging at my dog and I had to stop him. She didn't even say anything to me. Inconsiderate b*tch.

Tonight my roomate took him out while I was at work, and it was dark since it gets dark at around 6. Then this " gangster" type guy has his dog off the leash and he bolts over and bites Bruiser right on his nose and tore some skin. Pretty sure Bruiser stood up for himself too.

This is unacceptable!!! I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW PEOPLE CAN BE SO INCONSIDERATE WHEN IT COMES TO THEIR DOGS!!! IF THEY ARE NOT FRIENDLY KEEP THEM ON A DAMN LEASH IT'S THE F*CKING LAW!!!!
    Thatirishgirl, AndyP and Pipi519 like this.
    Whatever doesn't kill you-only makes you stronger

All-American Dog

Once upon a time I had to temporarily live in a neighborhood in a city (one of my sons had to be in the hospital for a time). We normally live way out in the country and have no neighbors for as far as the eye can see. Anyway, I was taking my BLIND dog for a much needed walk, and from out of nowhere came 2 dogs and attacked her, it was horrible. I could not pick her up, she was a huge black Lab. Luckily there happened to be a 2X4 laying right there in the gutter, and I grabed it up and beat them off. She didn't even try to protect herself, she just hunkered down and they were trying to tear her up. I was the maddest I have ever been in my life. I *sorta* remember walking her back home then going back to the house where these dogs lived and screaming some things from their front yard at them. I still had the 2X4 and I was looking for a rumble. Thank GOD they didn't come out or call the cops on me, and my dog was OK. I would carry a stick or a cane if I was ever to have to walk my dogs in a town again. Just in case. That was 25 years ago and I still get mad thinking about it. I have never before nor since lost control like that.

It is beyond frustrating. And yes a lot of owners that have their dogs off the leash are very naive and believe they have a perfect angel. This one time this lady had five dogs off their leash and they came running over and started attacking. One of the ladies said " Oh that's never happened before" Sureee it hasn't, that's why your dogs bark their heads off like crazy if they even see another dog? Get real.

WyomingRose: That's horrible. Were the owners even around at all? Good for you for getting that 2X4, I would have lost my mind on the owners, and I believe if situations like that ever happen they should be charged. You're in the right place being in the country. That story makes me mad myself and I don't even know you. *Breath in, Breath out*
    Whatever doesn't kill you-only makes you stronger

4. Remove Advertisements
    BostonTerrierForums.com
    Advertisements

if everyone like us being a responsible owner, there will be no dogs or cats in shelters worldwide. just be alert and stay away from this crazy ppl.

There are several people in my neighborhood who do this. Mostly small dogs like yorkie's and poodle's, but I swear it always happens when Ezio is going number two. He freaks out mid poop and the other owners just laugh...I've even had it happen with a two year old near a pond (not that children should be on leashes) but why would you let your two year old free run at a dog you don't know while he is pooping?!! And then laugh and say Hi!!?! Plus these dogs are tiny...what would happen if they charged a dog across the street and a car hit them? It's also against the law...
    Click here to enlarge

You are definitely not alone with this topic! I have had same/similar encounters in my neighborhood with dogs on both sides of the size spectrum. Thankfully there have been no violet incidents, but I usually have to stand in front of the unleashed dog while holding my BT on the other side. I am LE and carry an off-duty weapon along with a VERY sharp pocket knife. I hope to God I will never have to use either to harm any creature on this planet, but will do so if my life, or my little BT's life, is threatened. I always get a, "sorry" from the idiot with the unleashed dog. There are leash laws out there, as well as county and city ordinances. Familiarize yourself with your state's, city's, and county's laws in regards to leash laws. Let's see how "sorry" they are when they have to pay for a vet bill for your dog, or for a lawyer when you sue them! Never go out looking for trouble, and if you see an unleashed dog, go in a different direction, cross the street with your dog on the other side, or get the owner's attention with a loud yell. Stay safe out there.

All-American Dog

Some people don't know how to take care of their dogs. I saw a dog bite a toddler and its owner was not even concerned. So inconsiderate.

+ Reply to Thread